We are pleased to announce that our Supplier Portal solution, through the first release of a new Invoice Connectivity Pack, can now be utilised by Unit4 Business World (Agresso) local government customers to meet the new electronic invoicing standard set to be introduced in April 2020.
The new Invoice Connectivity pack in addition to the original Supplier Portal functionality, which can be viewed via our recorded demo, enables you to allow your suppliers to send fully electronic invoices, which can then be processed and imported in to your Unit4 Business World (Agresso) system, helping to ensure you are able to comply with the new regulations.
The EU directive on electronic invoicing in public procurement will come in to force for local government authorities on the 18th of April 2020, with the regulation requiring authorities to possess the ability to receive and process supplier invoices within the technical standard laid out under the directive. The standard has been in place for central government authorities since May 2019.
While there remains no obligation for suppliers to send invoices in a certain format as part of the regulations, the standard has been designed 'to address the use of varied e-invoicing formats, with the varied formats causing unnecessary complexity and additional operating costs'.
Specifically, and somewhat technically, organisations must be able to accept electronic invoices that match either of the two following formats:
- UN/CEFACT Cross Industry Invoice (CII) messages as specified in XML schemas 16B (SCRDM - CII)
- UBL invoice and credit note messages as defined in ISO/IEC 19845:2015
Our Supplier Portal Invoice Connectivity pack enables Unit4 Business World (Agresso) local government customers to receive and process these invoice formats through the following method:
- Supplier sends UBL/CII invoice to the Supplier Portal
- Supplier Portal validates the invoice complies with the standard
- Supplier Portal converts invoice to EI02 file ready for your Unit4 Business World (Agresso) system
- Supplier Portal sends EI02 file and the original XML file to Email/FTP/azure bucket/(other options can be built) to be imported in to your Unit4 Business World (Agresso) system